Hon. Albino Dak Othow
Name: Albino Dak Othow Ado
Nationality: South Sudanese by Birth
Place and Date of Birth: Malakal, Upper Nile, 01/01/1963
Marital status: Married
Religion: Christian (Roman Catholic)
Languages: English, Arabic and Collo language (fluent and proficient in all of these)
2. Education Qualifications:
Master Degree of Business Administration, University of Juba (2007)
Postgraduate Diploma of Public Administration, University of Khartoum (2001)
Bachelor Degree of Commerce and Business Administration, Cairo University, Khartoum Branch (1990)
- Career Assignments Profile:
- First Deputy Governor of Bank of South Sudan (9th May 2018 ————-)
- Director-General for Supervision, Research and Statistics of the Bank of South Sudan (2017 – 2018)
- Director-General for Currency, Banking Operations and Financial Markets of the Bank of South Sudan (2015 – 2017)
- Director for Banking Supervision of the Bank of South Sudan (2012 – 2015)
- Deputy Director for Banking Supervision of the Bank of Southern Sudan (2010 – 2012)
- Assistant Director for Department of Banking Supervision of the Bank of Southern Sudan (2007 – 2010)
- Executive Manager of Office of First Deputy Governor of the Bank of Southern Sudan (2010 – 2011)
- Head of Research, Economics and Statistics Unit of Central Bank of the Sudan, Gedarif Branch (1993 – 2007)
- Junior Banker deployed in various departments and units of Central Bank of the Sudan (1991 – 1993)
- Professional Responsibilities:
- Member of Board of Directors of Nile Commercial Bank (2008 – 2010)
- Member of Board of Directors of South Sudan Microfinance Development Facility (2008 – 2018)
- Member of South Sudan Technical Team for Currency and Banking Negotiations with Sudan (2010 – 2012)
- Member of Board of Directors of Ivory Bank (2011 – 2018).
- Member of South Sudan Technical for Negotiations for Accession to East African Community.
- Professional Trainings and Experiences:
- Foreign Exchange Policies and Operations, IMF Institute, Abu Dhabi, United Arabs Emirates (2002).
- Monetary Policy Framework for Sudan, Nairobi, Kenya (2007).
- Corporate Governance (Board of Directors, Financial Reporting and Risk Management, etc….Center for Corporate Governance, Juba, South Sudan (2008).
- Leadership of Financial Supervision, Center of Banking, Toronto, Canada (2008)
- Boulder Microfinance, Rome, Italy (2009).
- Banking Achievements:
- Planned and coordinated the printing, issuance and operationalization of currency conversion in South Sudan from Sudanese Pound (SDG) to South Sudanese (SSP) within 45 Days in 2011)
- Established the Credit Reference Bureaus, Risk-based Supervision, and Electronic Money Payment in in the Bank of South Sudan (2013 – 2015)
- Installed the Inflation Projection Software for monitoring and evaluation of the market economy of South Sudan.
- Restricted currency transactions in the Bank of South Sudan to Government Institutions, Private Banks and Accredited Companies that import strategic commodities like fuel, food and medicine (2015 – 2018).